Dates: Built in 1939
Quote: This Dormitory incorporates many features new to the Davidson
campus. Unlike the other dormitories, Duke has single rooms, double rooms, and
suites. It has overhead lighting fixtures, wall brackets with plug-in outlets
over the lavatories and baseboard outlets in every room. “Duke Is
Opened At Last.” Davidsonian. 28 September 1939:1.
Named for: James B. Duke, founder of the Duke Endowment Fund.