Elm Row

Dates: Elm Row was built in 1836-1837 as a dormitory to house 16 students.
Two roomswere remodeled in 1885 to serve as an infirmary. In the 1890s, rooms were used
by fraternities. In the 1940s, Elm Row housed the Davidsonian LINK offices and
in the 1950s, the Music Department. Elm Row was moved from its original location
to the present location in 1960. Elm and its counterpart Oak were placed on
National Historic Register in 1977. Elm Row is currently used as music practice

Davidson Encyclopedia entry

Return to Campus Building List

Sorry, comments are closed for this post.